Hello again. It has been a month since my last review, and during that time I've been writing some posts on my travel blog wheregabriellawent.blogspot.com and joining in a couple of essay contests. I have received good news: my essay on nationalism has won a prize! It's posted on the Carnegie Council website, or you can click this link to read my essay http://www.carnegiecouncil.org/publications/articles_papers_reports/978. Now, let's get into the review.
Logan is the last movie with Hugh Jackman's portrayal of the iconic character Wolverine, or his real name, Logan. This movie is directed by James Mangold, the same guy who directed the 2013 The Wolverine, which is an okay Wolverine movie. When I first saw the trailer for Logan, I guessed that this movie would be brutal, and looking at the R-rating, it reassures me even more. And I guessed right. Logan is a very brutal, straight-forward, and no-nonsense, surprisingly dramatic movie, wrapped in awesome action sequences.
Hugh Jackman savors his last movie as Wolverine, giving an all-out performance showing a side of Logan we never knew existed. Logan in this movie is hurt, dying, and realistically full of grief & rage, and it shows every time he's slicing and dicing the bad guys, but on the other side, he has this tiny flicker of hope hiding somewhere in him. And I guess everyone in this movie has their own sorrows and wounds (physically and mentally), but they all have that tiny flicker of hope inside them too, and that's what gives raw emotion to Logan.
The action scenes in Logan are messy, brutal, and features lots of limbs & blood, unlike those squeaky clean scenes in previous X-men movies, which adds a lot more realism into it. These scenes are very satisfying and teeth-clenching, it reminds me of the action in John Wick movies.
Patrick Stewart is also really good in this movie as Professor X who's dying but still believes in saving the lives of young mutants, and the little girl is also really good in this movie. She's not the annoying damsel in distress type, in fact, she doesn't need saving because she's got some tricks up her sleeve. The relationship that builds between Logan and the little girl is bittersweet and never cheesy, even though touching.
This is a beautiful movie, with dusty frames from the beginning to the middle to show how sick and tired Logan feels, and ending with stillness.
I think that's all I can say without giving away the movie. I'd say Logan is a 9 out of 10. Thank you for reading, and see you on my next post!
5:31 PM
/
by
Gabriella Nicole
/
0
Comments




No comments:
Post a Comment